1. The candidate completes the application form through the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).
2. The candidate attends an interview at DIAC. Payment for citizenship will also be required at this stage – $240 standard or $40 pensioner/concession cardholder (refer to application package for listing of applicable pension cards).
3. Candidates receive notification of their application status in the mail from DIAC.
4. Candidate details are forwarded to the appropriate local government by DIAC.
5. Candidates receive an invitation to a citizenship ceremony via mail from the City of Bayswater.
6. The citizenship ceremony is conducted and the candidate is presented with their certificate of Australian citizenship.