COMMUNITY ACCESS AND INCLUSION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVES
The Community Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee (CAIAC) considers and makes recommendations on the implementation of the City's:
• Disability Access and Inclusion Plan (DAIP);
• Age Friendly Strategy; and
• Other City plans and strategies with a focus on community access and inclusion.
The CAIAC ensures that all members of the community regardless of their race, disability, age, religion or education level have access to all Council services, information and facilities, in accordance with the Disability Services Act 1993 and the Equal Opportunity Act 1984.
This is a new advisory committee recently initiated by Council to broaden the scope of the previous Disability Access and Inclusion Plan (DAIP) Advisory Committee. The committee will provide a focus on a broader range of strategic access and inclusion matters (covering people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities).This reflects recent trends in the community and disability sectors.
The City's access and inclusion plans and strategies have a focus on:
• Internal changes within the organisation - initiatives such as cultural or disability awareness training for staff, increasing workforce diversity and ensuring City services/programs are accessible and inclusive for all;
• Programs delivered to the community - accessible events, schemes and initiatives; and
• Advocacy for access and inclusion across the community and to all tiers of government.
Nominations for up to six CAIAC community representatives are now open, for nominees who fit one or more the following criteria:
• Community members with a disability, carers, older people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and young people.
• Individuals who work with or for older people, people with a disability, young people or people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds on a professional level;
• Any community member who lives or works within the City of Bayswater or is regularly engaged with the Bayswater community, who is interested in access and inclusion matters.
Representatives are sought for the inaugural advisory committee for a two year term from December 2017 to October 2019. The terms of reference for this committee are available from the City's website. Please contact Ms Karen Quigley, Manager Community Services on 9272 0608 if you require further information.
Community Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee - Terms of Reference
Nominations should be submitted in writing addressing the relevant selection criteria and providing supporting information including your interest around access and inclusion and/or experience you may have had in this area. Any other information you think to be relevant may also be included and sent to:
City of Bayswater
"Community Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee (CAIAC) Nomination"
Or PO Box 467
MORLEY WA 6943
Nominations close 4:00pm, on Friday 1st December 2017
Further details may be obtained from the City's website at www.bayswater.wa.gov.au
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER