[ Back to home ]
City Of Bayswater

Important Information

Do I need approval for my Home Based Business

A home based business is a small scale occupation or business operating in conjunction with the residential use of land by a resident of the property. As these businesses can vary in size, scale and nature they consequently have varying impacts on the amenity of the neighbourhood.

To view further information on whether you require planning approval please click here

Are you changing an existing land use

you are thinking about changing the land use of your business premises (for example changing from a shop to a restaurant), you may requires planning approval. For more information please click here

Planning for a New Development

When you are developing a new site you require planning approval prior to beginning construction. For more information and whether your development requires planning approval click here

Building your new premises

Before you commence construction of your new premises you may need a building permit. For further information please click here

Do I need a health approval for my business

Environmental Health relates to the practice of managing the health risks of a community. The City's Health Services has several programs that assess and manage risks, as well as providing direction and education to the business community. For more information click here

What I need to know about Retail Leases

Be aware of your rights under the Commercial Tenancy (Retail Shops) Agreements Act.  The Act was recently amended which included some changes in landlord and leasee responsibilities. Please visit http://www.bayswater.wa.gov.au/development/building-or-renovating and follow the links to download the Act. 

If you have any planning or development queries, please contact the Planning and Development team on 9272 0622.

©Copyright 2019. City of Bayswater. All rights reserved.
Website by IBC Digital / Powered by Verdi CMS