Call for Nominations for Community Representatives
Nominations for two community representatives residing/operating within the City of Bayswater are sought for the Local Emergency Management Committee (LEMC) for a two year term expiring October 2019.
The purpose of the LEMC is to ensure that all necessary arrangements are in place at a local level to address emergency or disaster events by using the Prevention, Preparedness, Response and Recovery (PPRR) policy approach.
The Emergency Management Act 2005 outlines the requirements for emergency management committees and each Local Government is required to establish one or more local emergency management committees for its local government district.
The key responsibilities for local government under the Emergency Management Act 2005 are:
• To ensure that effective local emergency management arrangements are prepared and maintained for its district;
• To manage recovery following an emergency affecting the community in its district;
• To establish one or more local emergency management committees for its district;
• To make its emergency management arrangements available for inspection, free of charge, by members of the public during office hours; and
• To keep a copy of its local emergency management arrangements at the offices of the local government.
The Committee meets every three months or as required and reports to the State Emergency Management Committee.
The Committee comprises of the following representatives:
• WA Police - Local Emergency Coordinator;
• Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES);
• Department of Communities;
• Local State Emergency Services (SES);
• Ministers' Association;
• Councillors and City Officers.
Nominations should be submitted in writing providing supporting information for the nomination, including interest and or experience and a brief overview of the nominee’s details; age, period of residency/business operation in the City of Bayswater, education and employment background, interests and community involvement. Any other information thought to be relevant may also be included.
Applications may be submitted in the form of a letter expressing interest with supporting information attached and sent to:
Chief Executive Officer
City of Bayswater
PO Box 467
MORLEY WA 6943
or email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations close 4.00pm, Tuesday, 24 October 2017.