The City is providing more options for residents to participate in community consultation as part of a major visioning exercise that will lead to the development of its Strategic Community Plan 2020-30. To encourage participation while physical distancing rules remain in place, Shape Baysie workshops planned to be held in person will be hosted online, and Conversation Kits delivered to people at home.
"We know people love the hands-on, interactive nature of community workshops, so we've found innovative ways to replicate this experience in the online space. Participants will be able collaborate using virtual tools like online whiteboards and breakout rooms while chatting to our Community Engagement team live on video chat," said Mayor Dan Bull.
"You can also have your say by downloading a Shape Baysie Conversation Kit from the Engage Bayswater website or the team can deliver a printed kit to you at home – a great way to get the whole family involved.
“If you need some help getting set up to participate from home, the City’s Community Engagement team are here to help. Give them a call on 9272 0991 and they can talk you through the steps.
“We want to see as many people have their say as possible.
"This is your home, so get involved and tell us what being part of this community means to you and what you would like us to do over the next ten years to improve the City of Bayswater.
How to have your say:
- Online - visit engage.bayswater.wa.gov.au and fill in a Shape Baysie Conversation Kit.
- On paper - ask us to post you a printed Conversation Kit or download and print one at home.
- At a workshop - register for an online workshop
- Tuesday 2 June, 6.30 - 7.30pm
- Thursday 4 June, 10.30 - 11.30am
- Saturday 6 June, 10.30 - 11.30am
- Monday 8 June, 6.30 - 7.30pm
- Thursday 11 June, 10.30 - 11.30am