Rangers and Security actively enforce local parking laws within the City of Bayswater.
The City's Parking and Parking Facilities Local Law 2016 is designed to:
- Maximise the use of available road and footpath space
- Povide access to parking for all motorists
- Consider the needs of businesses, visitors, residents and traffic management.
Officers assess a variety of parking issues including:
- Parking on footpaths/verges
- Vehicles for sale on reserves
- School parking patrols
- ACROD and disabled parking
- Timed parking around business and residential locations.
School parking can be a serious safety hazard when vehicles speed through school zones and park incorrectly, putting children and pedestrians at risk. Some safety tips for parking in a school zone:
- Always be aware of children is school zones
- Use 'Kiss and Drive' facilities if available
- Walk or cycle to and from school
- Try using nearby parking facilities in reserves or shopping centres or park a little further away and walk a short distance to the school
- Be courteous and a perfect parker.
- Avoid leaving your vehicle for long periods of time