Blue Ribbon Clubs is our free education program aimed at helping your community group or sports club reach its full potential.
The program you complete will be tailored to your clubs individual needs, all you need to do is speak to us about what you're hoping to achieve.
How it works
When you sign up, we will work though a program with four sections (if you feel they are relevant to you). Our Club Development Officer will guide you through the program, help you work out which areas you'd like to complete and help you figure out where you'd like to be down the track.
The four sections are:
- Club Smart
- Future Smart
- Community Smart
- Kid Smart
Club Smart Future Smart
This section aims to help existing clubs get their admin in order, or get new clubs up and running successfully.
We will help you apply a range of information and templates to complete on incorporation, constitutions, committees and general operations to your club.
To become Club Smart - you will tick off the below areas (or those that you feel are relevant) with the guidance of our Club Development Officer.
- Committee Member Induction Template
- Health and Safety Audit Form
- Constitution Review – use Transition Pack 3 in the resources folder
- Member Protection Policy
- Budget Template
- Financial Management Policy
- Job Description Form – President
- Job Description Form - Secretary
- Job Description Form - Registrar
- Job Description Form - Treasurer
- Job Description Form – Vice President
- Job Description Form – Volunteer Coordinator
- City of Bayswater fees up to date
- Clubrooms kept clean, tidy and accessible.
Download the Club Smart section here to take a look at what this looks like:
This section aims to help clubs that are running smoothly prepare for their next big goal or project.
We will help you prepare for a new program, facility upgrades or other ideas you might have. This includes helping you to apply for external funding and a create strategic plan.
To become Future Smart - you will tick off the below areas (or those that you feel are relevant) with the guidance of our Club Development Officer.
- Strategic Plan
- Volunteer Management Plan
- Committee Succession Plan
- Grant Application Template
- Green Club Policy
- Healthy Club Policy
- Attend a minimum of two Community Upskillers workshops per annum
Download the Future Smart section here to take a look at what this looks like:
This section aims to help your club gain more members and apply for sponsorship.
We will help you increase your community profile and get ready to welcome new people.
To become Community Smart - you will tick off the below areas (or those that you feel are relevant) with the guidance of our Club Development Officer.
- Spectator Behaviour Policy
- Code of Conduct
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan
- Member Induction
- Social Media Policy
- Sponsorship Plan
- Sponsorship Proposal
- Drug & Alcohol Policy
- Create an Independent Email Address – eg. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Basic Marketing Plan
- Event Management for Clubs.
Download the Community Smart section here to take a look at what this looks like:
This section aims to help clubs be the best they can be for their junior members.
We will help you with child protection, KidSport, team selections and managing parents.
To become Kid Smart - you will tick off the below areas (or those that you feel are relevant) with the guidance of our Club Development Officer.
- Child Protection Policy Template
- Coaching Policy
- Club registered for KidSport (see KidSport information for clubs)
- Working With Children Check – record keeping spreadsheet
- Team Selection Policy
- Spectator Behaviour Policy
- Display parental behaviour posters at club (see http://pbtr.com.au/posters-thanks/ for downloadable posters)
Download the Kid Smart section here to take a look at what this looks like:
If this sounds like something you'd like to take part in, contact our Club Development Officer today.
Phone: 9272 0609
The City is working to ensure the safety of its community and staff. In an effort to stop the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) the awards night is cancelled. We will still be contacting all award winners to inform them of their win, please keep an eye on this page for updates.
Click here to find out more.
We'd love to know what you think about the range of services we offer for clubs and community groups in the City of Bayswater. Each year we release a quick survey to make it easy for you to give us feedback.
In the meantime, if you'd like to share any ideas with us, please give us a call on 9272 0609 or email email@example.com