Local Homelessness Advisory Committee
At its Ordinary Meeting held on 24 March 2020, Council resolved to establish the Local Homelessness Advisory Committee.
The purpose of the Local Homelessness Advisory Committee is to:
- Provide appropriate and considered strategic advice and feedback relating to homelessness matters within the City of Bayswater that can be dealt with at a local government level to inform the development of the City’s draft Local Homelessness Strategy;
- Provide advice and recommendations on how the City of Bayswater Local Homelessness Strategy and cascading actions can align to the Department of Communities 10 year Strategy on Homelessness 2020-2030 entitled 'All Paths Lead to a Home’; and
- Receives reports on the City’s Local Homelessness Strategy development progress.
We are seeking up to five community representatives to join the Committee, who satisfy one or more of the following criteria:
1. Individuals who work with or for homelessness service providers with their main operations based within the City of Bayswater;
2. Individuals who advocate on behalf of people experiencing homelessness on a professional level; and
3. Individuals with a lived experience of homelessness.
Applications are now closed.
The term of the Committee will be from the date that community representatives are appointed by Council until final adoption of the Local Homelessness Strategy, in May 2021. The following Councillors will sit on this Committee: Cr Sally Palmer, Cr Stephanie Gray, Cr Giorgia Johnson and Cr Lorna Clarke.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their expression of interest nomination following the Ordinary Council Meeting on 22 September 2020.
Please contact Michele Fletcher, Coordinator Community Development on 9272 0621 if you require further information .