Car Hooning

Hooning Hooning

What is Hooning?

Hooning is any anti-social behaviour conducted in a motor vehicle.

Hooning includes any number of traffic offences:

  • Burnouts or doughnuts
  • Engine revving, screeching brakes and skidding
  • Playing loud music from a car stereo
  • Dangerous or careless driving 
  • Causing a vehicle to make excessive noise or smoke
  • Exceeding the speed limit by 45 km/h or more
  • Engaging in a race or speed trial on a public road/space.

How to report a hoon?

The City of Bayswater's Rangers and Security officers are not authorised to deal with hoon drivers.

If you notice a vehicle hooning within the City, please report it to WA Police on 131 444 or on the WA Police website.

In the event of an emergency, please contact 000.

Further information on hoon driving can be found on the WA Police website.

Go to Top of the page