- Entry forms and fees must be received by 4pm, Friday 7 October 2022. Late entries will not be accepted. Entry forms may be photocopied. Details on the entry forms will not be altered once received.
- Maximum of one entry per person.
An entry fee of $30 per artist is applicable, or $13 for artists under the age of 18 (age as at 4 November 2022). Payment can be made via Eventbrite, or by other arrangement at the City's discretion.
- Entries will be accepted online via bayswater.wa.gov.au or by submission of the completed entry form.
- All artists who sell artwork over the exhibition will be contacted prior to the pick up date specified.
A high-resolution image of the completed artwork between 1MB and 5MB is required with your submission.
Please remember to label your image with your name and title of the artwork as you would like it to appear and upload the correct orientation.
The curator will make a selection of works for the exhibition. If your work is not selected, you will be advised within 10 days of the entry closing date and your entry fee refunded.
There will be no correspondence entered into regarding rejection of entry. The curator’s decision is final.
- Individual feedback cannot be provided.
- Works will be assessed by quality, saleability, diversity of styles, and diversity across categories.
- The City of Bayswater reserves the right to refuse any entries that are deemed unsuitable for public exhibition.
All entries will be judged. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
SALES AND GST
- A commission fee on sales will apply as follows:
- There is no commission fee on the sale of youth entries.
- All other sale prices must include a 15% commission fee
- All entries must be for sale and entrants must indicate ABN and GST details on the entry form where appropriate.
- Artists who do not have an ABN must sign the statement on the entry form or 48.5% PAYG tax will be deducted from any payment to be made.
- All works entered must be less than 12 months old from closing date, the original work of the artist and NOT previously exhibited (including entries into the photography category.
- All artworks must be a single item (no diptych or triptych works).
- Entries shall be presented to exhibition standard. They MUST be dry.
- All works are to have a suitable hanging assembly. D-latches and cord are the preferred method.
- 2D works must not exceed 1.3m x 1.3m in any direction including frame. All 2D works must not weigh more than 10kg.
- 3D artwork must be a maximum of 20kg and must not exceed 40cm deep (front to back), 60cm high (top to bottom) and 1m wide (left to right).
- The City of Bayswater, whilst taking good care, will not take responsibility for the damage or loss of artworks. It is the responsibility of the artist to provide insurance for their works.
- Incorrect entries or failure to comply with conditions of entry will result in disqualification.
- Entrants agree that the City of Bayswater reserves the right to reproduce entries in print, film or digital format for promotion, education and documentation purposes in association with the City of Bayswater.
- A high resolution image of the completed artwork, between 1MB and 5MB is required with your submission. Please remember to label your image with your name and title of the artwork as you would like it to appear in the digital catalogue.
- To be entered into the catalogue, entrants must provide an electronic photograph before the closing date.
- Entrants cannot be awarded the City of Bayswater Open Award (Acquisitive) prize in 2 consecutive years however, can be placed in any other category.
- All entries will be judged. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The judges will make a selection of works for the exhibition. If your work is not selected you will be advised and your entry fee refunded (minus the non-refundable Eventbrite fee).
- Failure to comply with the conditions of entry will result in the entrant forfeiting their right to enter the competition.
CATEGORIES AND PRIZES
DELIVERY AND PICK UP DETAILS
- Entrants are to cover all delivery costs. No payment whatsoever will be made by the City of Bayswater for freight or other delivery charges incurred in the delivery or return of exhibits.
- All artworks are to be clearly labelled on the back of the artwork indicating artist name, title, medium, dimensions and price.
- Entries shall be delivered to The RISE, 28 Eighth Avenue, Maylands, on Tuesday 1 November, 2022 between 3pm and 8pm. Entries will not be accepted at any other time.
- All entries are to be picked up on Sunday 20 November between 1pm and 5pm or Monday 21 November, between 9am and 11am. Identification will be required to pick up all entries.
- If you are unable to attend, please call the Events team to make alternative arrangements prior to this date. Written consent will be sought if the artist requires someone else to pick up the artwork on their behalf. Work not picked up by this time will be acquired and disposed of at the discretion of the City of Bayswater.