- Entry forms and fees must be received by 4pm Friday, 2 October 2020. Late entries will not be accepted. Entry forms may be photocopied. Details on the entry forms will not be altered once received.
- Maximum of one entry per person. No entry fee applies to the 2020 City of Bayswater Art Awards competition.
- Entries will be accepted online bayswater.wa.gov.au or by submission of the completed entry form.
- All artists whom sell artwork over the exhibition will be contacted directly prior to the pick up date specified.
SALES AND GST
- All entries must be for sale and entrants must indicate ABN and GST details on the entry form where appropriate.
- Artists who do not have an ABN must sign the statement of the entry form or 48.5% PAYG tax will be deducted from any payment to be made.
- All works entered must be less than 12 months old from closing date, the original work of the artist and NOT previously exhibited.
- All artworks must be a single item. (No diptych, triptych works)
- Entries shall be presented to exhibition standard. They MUST be dry.
- All works are to have a suitable hanging assembly. D-latches and cord are the preferred method.
- 2D Works must not exceed 1.3m x 1.3m in any direction including frame. All 2D works must not weigh more than 10kg.
- 3D artwork must be a maximum of 20kg and must not exceed 40cm deep (front to back), 60cm high (top to bottom) and 1m wide (left to right).
- The City of Bayswater, whilst talking good care, will not take responsibility for the damage or loss of artworks. It is the responsibility of the artist to provide insurance for their works.
- Incorrect entries or failure to comply with conditions of entry will result in disqualification.
- Entrants agree that the organisers reserve the right to reproduce entries in print, film or digital format for promotion, education and documentation purposes in association with the City of Bayswater.
- The Artist agrees that the City of Bayswater reserves the right to reproduce work (in part or whole) in print, film or digital format for promotion, education and documentation in association with the exhibition.
- Failure to meet any one of these conditions will exclude you from exhibiting.
- To be entered into the catalogue, entrants must provide an electronic photograph before the closing date.
- Entrants cannot be awarded the City of Bayswater Open Award (Acquisitive) prize in 2 consecutive years however, can be placed in any other category.
- A high resolution image of the completed artwork, between 1MB & 5MB is required with your submission. Please remember to label your image with your name and title of the artwork as you would like it to appear in the catalogue.
- All entries will be judged. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The judges will make a selection of works for the exhibition. If your work is not selected due to space restraints you will be advised.
- Failure to comply with the conditions of entry will result in the entrant forfeiting their right to enter the competition.
CATEGORIES AND PRIZES
- All entries will be eligible to win the City of Bayswater Open Award (acquisitive) and the Community Bank Bayswater People's Choice Award.
- The City of Bayswater Open Award is an acquisitive prize and the winner’s artwork will become part of the City of Bayswater Art Collection.
- Residents of the City of Bayswater will automatically be entered in the Best Bayswater Resident Award.
- Winning entries will be announced at the opening night, with the exception of the Community Bank Bayswater People's Choice Award, which will be announced within 1 week of the closing of the exhibition.
DELIVERY AND PICK UP DETAILS
- Entrants are to cover all delivery costs. No payment whatsoever will be made by the City of Bayswater for freight or other delivery charges incurred in the delivery or return of exhibits.
- All artworks are to be clearly labelled on the back of the artwork indicating artist name, title, medium, dimensions and price.
- Entries shall be delivered to The RISE, 28 Eighth Avenue, Maylands, on Wednesday, 28 October between 3pm and 8pm. Entries will not be accepted at any other time.
- All entries are to be picked up on Sunday, 14 November between 1pm - 5pm. Identification will be required to pick up all entries.
- If you are unable to attend, please call the Events Team to make alternative arrangements prior to this date. Written consent will be sought if the Artist requires someone else to pick up the artwork on their behalf. Work not picked up by this time will be acquired and disposed of at the discretion of the City of Bayswater.