Animal Control

The City provides assistance with cats and dogs, but not all animals. Find out what the City can assist with and where to go for further information.

Dogs and Cats Dogs and Cats

Dogs and Cats

As an owner of a dog or cat you are legally responsible for how your animal behaves.

Please refer to our dog and cat pages for owners responsibilities, registrations and lost and found pets.

Dog Ownership and registration

Cat Ownership and registration

Dog Infringements

Infringements can be issued by the City's Rangers for a number of offences, such as:

  • Walking your dog unleashed outside of a dog friendly area
  • Lack of registration
  • Not picking up your dog's excreta
  • Dog attacks

Payments must be paid in full and by the due date, otherwise, additional costs may apply. If you need more time to pay, please contact us on 9267 9267.

If you wish to dispute an infringement, please write to us before the due date at:

City of Bayswater
PO Box 467, Morley 6943

or email

Other Animals Other Animals

Other animals

If your enquiry is related to lost or found rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens, roosters, snakes or wildlife, there are a number of external organisations that may be able to assist.

Wildlife rescue
Phone: 1300 596 457  
Native Animal Rescue
Phone: (08) 9249 3434 

If your enquiry is related to a noise complaint from an animal other than a dog or cat, please visit our Noise webpage to make a noise complaint.

Go to Top of the page