Reconciliation Advisory Committee Expressions of Interest
The City of Bayswater is calling for nominations from community members passionate about reconciliation to join our Reconciliation Advisory Committee.
Committee membership comprises of four Elected Members and up to five community members who satisfy one or more of the following criteria:
- Identify as a person of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- Is a Whadjuk Noongar Elder;
- Is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business partner representative; and/or
- Is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander representative living in the City of Bayswater community.
The Reconciliation Advisory Committee advises and assists the City in the implementation of our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan October 2021 – October 2023 and the development of future Reconciliation Action Plans. The Reconciliation Advisory Committee also provides advice to the City on all matters that affect Aboriginal people within the City, particularly where the City can have a direct influence.
To submit a nomination, you need to:
- Complete Reconciliation Advisory Committee online nomination form on Engage Bayswater.
- Have read and understood the Reconciliation Advisory Committee Terms of Reference (see document library)
Alternatively, you can obtain hard copies of the documentation by contacting Michele Fletcher, Coordinator Community Development on 9272 0621 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard copy nominations can be submitted in one of the following ways:
In person: City of Bayswater Civic Centre, 61 Broun Avenue, Morley WA 6062
Post: PO Box 467, Morley WA 6943
Nominations close 4.00pm on Friday, 11 February 2022.