Our Parking and Parking Facilities Local Law 2016 are the rules that govern how we manage parking.
These rules exist so that our streets are accessible for people using mobility devices or pushing prams and to make sure that everyone in our community is kept safe. By following the laws, you can do your bit to help out so that everyone can enjoy our City.
We help to address parking issues including:
- Parking on footpaths/verges
- Vehicles for sale on reserves
- School parking patrols
- ACROD and disabled parking
- Timed parking around business and residential locations.
Parking safely at schools is essential and can make a huge difference in the life of a child or pedestrian.
To ensure you're thinking of others when you park we've put together some helpful tips:
- Slow down and keep an eye out for children in school zones
- Use 'Kiss and Drive' facilities if available, helping to reduce conjestion in car parks
- Walk or cycle to and from school, it's healthy and it helps keep schools clear of cars
- Try using nearby parking facilities in reserves or shopping centres or park a little further away and walk a short distance to the school