Volunteering is a great way to get involved in your community, meet new people and gain new skills.
About the City's volunteer program
16.5% of the City of Bayswater's population volunteers in some shape or form; caring for others, preserving the environment, contributing to the running of 200+ local sporting and community groups, and much more.
The City recognises and values the substantial and ongoing contributions of volunteers as an integral part of our community wellbeing and offers a number of opportunities.
The City has active volunteer programs that engages a number of volunteers across the following roles:
- Community Bus Drivers
- Homeless Hub Connectors
- Community Centres: Program and Activities for Older Adults
- Age Friendly Ambassadors
- English Conversation Group Volunteers
- Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) members
- Community Events Volunteers
- Books on Wheels Volunteers
- Homebound Books Volunteers
Click on the links at the bottom of the page for more information on the City's volunteer program, or to search for volunteer opportunities, assistance and resources in the local and surrounding areas.
If you have any further questions, please phone (08) 9272 0674 or email email@example.com
See below for current available volunteering opportunities:
Chatty Café Facilitator
- Love a good chat? The City is looking for a volunteer to facilitate weekly Chatty Café sessions at Bayswater Community Centre. This opportunity is ideal for someone who enjoys having conversations and listening to a wide range of interesting stories. No skills are required.
- 10 – 11.30am on Thursday mornings.
- Role includes welcoming participants and creating a friendly, inclusive environment.
- Training will be provided by Chatty Café Australia with ongoing support from Bayswater Community Centre staff.
- Expressions of interest can be directed to Bayswater Community Centre on 9272 0957 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hub Connections Volunteers
- We are looking for people with empathy who can be generous with their time, to become volunteer Hub Connectors, to engage, interact with and connect =vulnerable people experiencing or at risk of homelessness to services and information.
- The volunteer role would suit people who have a community service background or; Psychology/OT/Social Work/Cert IV Mental Health students seeking experience with vulnerable people from all walks of life.
Submit an EOI
Details about Hub Connector Volunteer | GoVolunteer
Community Bus Driver
Submit an EOI
Community Bus Driver Volunteer, City of Bayswater | SEEK Volunteer
Community Bus Hire
Youth Advisory Council members
The Bayswater Youth Advisory Council is an opportunity for young people aged between 12 and 25 years who live, work or study in the City of Bayswater to have a voice, inform the City about issues that are important to them and assist in planning youth initiatives, programs and events.
The YAC meetings are once a month at an agreed time, for approximately 1-2 hours.
Submit an EOI
Youth Advisory Council
Volunteering with City of Bayswater Training and Support
Take a look at the pamphlet below for more information on the City's volunteer program.
Volunteer with the City of Bayswater
The City supports local community organisations and volunteers through the provision of training and skills development workshops:
Community Upskillers program
Volunteer Recognition Grant - National Volunteer Week
The City contributes up to $500 to support local community organisations to recognise their volunteer in line with National Volunteer Week.