Local Roads and Infrastructure

The management, maintenance and development of the State's road network within the City of Bayswater is shared between Main Roads Western Australia and the City.

Road Resurfacing Program

The following programs have been adopted by Council for 2022/2023 financial year. 

Please note, all residents affected will be notified in writing prior to works commencing.

  • Wylde Road, Morley - McGilvray Avenue to cul-de-sac
  • Rokeford Way - Wylde Road to Boxhill Street, Morley 
  • Boxhill Street, Morley - Wylde Road to cul-de-sac
  • Tillingdon Way, Morley - Boxhill Street to Wolseley Road, Morley 
  • Cheam Place, Morley - Boxhill Street to Cooper Road, Morley 
  • Cooper Road, Morley - Wylde Road to Wolseley Road, Morley 
  • Wolseley Road, Morley - McGilvray Avenue to Camboon Road, Morley 
  • Cooper Road, Morley - Wolseley Road to Lincoln Road, Morley 
  • Crowhurst Way, Morley - Wolseley Road to McGilvray Avenue, Morley 
  • Hollilond Way, Morley - Lincoln Road West to Lincoln Road East 
  • Lincoln Road, Morley - McGilvray Avenue to Camboon Road, Morley 
  • Ballan Court, Morley - Challanger Avenue to cul-de-sac 
  • Viscount Road, Morley - Lincoln Road, to cul-de-sac
  • Robann Way, Morley - Lincoln Road to McGilvray Avenue, Morley 
  • Brand Place, Morley - Lincoln Road to cul-de-sac
  • Jennifer Road, Morley - Robann Way to Morley Drive, Morley 
  • Challenger Avenue, Morley - Bottlebrush Drive to Cassia Way, Morley 
  • Vista Court, Morley - Challenger Avenue to cul-de-sac 
  • Niagra Place, Morley - Challenger Avenue to cul-de-sac 
  • Doonside Place, Morley - Challenger Avenue to cul-de-sac 
  • Discovery Drive, Morley - Telstar Drive to Wheatstone Drive
  • Wentworth Grove, Morley - Discovery Drive to cul-de-sac 
  • Fisk Place, Morley - Wentworth Grove to cul-de-sac 
  • St George Grove, Morley -  Discovery Drive to cul-de-sac
  • Wheatstone Drive, Morley - to Solas Place, Morley (to LGA boundary)
  • Brunel Place, Morley - Wheatstone Drive to cul-de-sac
  • Barnes Way, Morley - Solas Place to Morley Drive, Morley 
  • Aussat Drive, Morley - Barnes Way, Morley (to LGA boundary) 
  • Cornwall Close, Morley - Barnes Way to cul-de-sac 
  • Todd Court, Morley - Cornwall Close to cul-de-sac 
  • Beaufort Street/Grand Promenade 4 way intersection resurfacing works
  • Widgee Road, Noranda 
  • Benara Road/Beechboro Road intersection 
  • Broun Avenue/Russell Street intersection 
  • Coode Street - Beaufort Street to Walter Road West 
  • Beaufort Street - The Strand to Grand Promenade 
Minor Road Construction Works
  • Right of Way Construction 
  • Drainage Kerb Renewal Program
  • Carpark Resurfacing Program (Crimea Reserve) 
  • Vernon Street, Noranda - Right of Way reconstruction 
New Concrete Path Program

The following list has been identified and confirmed for installation for FY22/23:

  • Crimea Street - Morley Drive to Fedders Street
  • Crimea Street - Fedders Street to Deschamp Road 
  • Timms Place - Halvorson Road
  • Robann Way - Lincoln Road to Jennifer Road
  • Bookham Street and Boag Place pedestrian access way (PAW)


  • Local Bike Plan recommendations
  • Footpath Repair Program 
  • Clarkson to Tramby - Resurface Cycleway 
  • Baigup to Riverside Gardens - Resurface Cycleway 

All affected residents will be advised a footpath will be constructed in their street during the 2022/23 financial year and will be advised again two weeks prior to construction commencing.

A copy of the City of Bayswater Footpath Policy can be found under 'Related Documents' at the bottom of this page.

State Underground Power Program

The State Underground Power Program is currently being developed by Western Power.

At present, the Western Power Program State Underground Power Program (SUPP) 6 is underway. 

Roadside Traffic Management

A Traffic Management Plan (TMP) is required for any activity on the road reserve or within the road reserve that obstructs the passage of vehicles or the movement of any other road user. 

Traffic Management Plans are prepared and designed by a Main Roads WA (MRWA) accredited Traffic Management Planner and Company in accordance with the MRWA Code of Practice, Australian Guide to Traffic Management (AGTTM), and Australian Standards AS1742.3.

Any activity in close proximity to traffic signals is classified as complex as defined in the MRWA Code of Practice, and requires a Road Traffic Manager (RTM) endorsement and approval from MRWA. Please note, it is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain MRWA approval.

Any works or activity requiring a partial or full closure to a footpath or shared path will require a Pedestrian Management Plan.

In addition to the above, The Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997 allows for construction noise between 7am and 7pm, Monday to Saturday. Any activities that generate noise outside the regulation hours must be supported by a Noise Management Plan (NMP). The NMP is a separate application to the City’s Environmental Health department, and a fee is payable upon lodgement.


Any works or activity requiring a temporary road closure for less than 30 days will require a letter of notification, at least five business days prior to the start of work.  

Any works or activity exceeding 30 days will require a 21 day consultation period, including an advertisement in the community paper, and Council adoption in accordance with Section 3.50 of the Local Government Act 1995.


A fee is applicable upon lodgement of the Traffic Management Plan, Please refer to the City's current Fees and Charges.


Lodgements for Traffic Management Plans are to be sent to the City's email address:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is traffic calming?

Traffic calming is a method imposed to increase benefits for shared road users and improving the balance between different uses of public roads.

The method of traffic calming is a combination of mainly physical measures designed to encourage motorists to observe responsible driver behaviour and improve safety along local streets for all road users. These devices, which include median islands, roundabouts, slow points and speed humps, can benefit road users by reducing speeds, managing traffic flow and controlling traffic volumes along the roads. 

Prior to implementing traffic calming measures, the City assesses traffic data which provides traffic volumes, travel speeds and crash statistics. If it is determined traffic calming is warranted, funds are allocated in the City’s annual budget in order of priority. 

As part of the City’s public consultation process, adjacent residents are consulted prior to finalising design and carrying out any works.

Who owns and looks after the roads?

The management, maintenance and development of the State's road network within the City of Bayswater is shared between Main Roads Western Australia and the City of Bayswater. All roads are categorised in accordance with their function and dedicated road hierarchy.

The City manages all the local access and distributor roads within the City's locality boundary, with the exception of the following roads, which are managed by Main Roads WA:

  • Tonkin Highway
  • Reid Highway
  • Guildford Road
  • Morley Drive.
What can I do if I see cars speeding?

The City does not support any form of excessive speeding or antisocial (hoon) driving behaviour.  Should you witness any hoon driving behaviour, the City encourages this be reported to the police immediately. Below is the link to submit a report.

Report Hoon Driving

What is a traffic management plan and is it a requirement as part of the work I am undertaking?

Under the Road Traffic code, a Traffic Management Plan (TMP) is required for any works conducted within the road reserve. It is for the protection of pedestrians, vehicles, and public safety.

A TMP can only be written and implemented by a traffic management accredited company as they have the relevant training and knowledge to undertake all appropriate procedures and processes.  

A TMP cannot be executed without the authority of the City of Bayswater and must be submitted by the TMP company 10 working days prior to the proposed scheduled date.

In the event the works are required after hours, the City will require a Noise Management Plan in addition to the TMP.

Examples of a temporary traffic management:

  • Works on the verge
  • Works on the City's paths
  • Construction of a crossover
  • Delivery trucks parking on the road reserve as part of a construction project

In addition to the above, you may require a verge protection permit due to the nature of the work. Please refer to the Verge Protection Permit section for more information.

Who do I report streetlight requests, faults and outages to?

Western Power maintains the majority of street lighting within the City of Bayswater.

Report a street light fault online or call 1800 622 008.

To report a streetlight, bollard light or solar light owned and maintained by the City of Bayswater, please phone 9272 0622 or email

Reporting damaged or faulty signage

Please report any damaged street name signs or way-finding signage to the City of Bayswater on 9272 0622 or email

Report a road sign fault to Main Roads WA.

Who owns and maintains bus stops and bus shelters in the City?

The Public Transport Authority (PTA) owns, maintains and determines the placement of bus stops throughout the City. Upgrades to bus stops are planned and managed by the PTA.

The City will make an application to the PTA to propose a bus stop upgrade, should it meet the minimum requirements of the PTA's Bus Shelter Subsidy Program (BSSP).

The PTA will investigate the existing stop location to ensure it meets all safety, operational and community requirements and that it can be physically upgraded to comply with Disability Standards. 

There will be circumstances where a bus shelter is not replaced after an upgrade because it does not comply with PTA disability requirements.

In addition to the above, there are 20 third-party-owned bus shelters the City does not maintain.

If you would like a bus stop to be considered for upgrade, please send your request in writing for the City's consideration: 


or by post to: Engineering Services, City of Bayswater, PO Box 467, Morley WA 6943.

My road or property has flooded after heavy rain - who do I report this to?

If your road has a blocked drain which is causing the road to flood after a heavy rain or causing stormwater to enter your property from the road, please call the City of Bayswater Depot on 9270 4152.

If your road does not have a stormwater drain installed, please send an email to so we can investigate with the aim of finding a resolution.


The crossover is the section of driveway that extends from the road to the front boundary, across the Council verge. The property owner is responsible for the cost of construction and the ongoing maintenance of the crossover.

I would like to upgrade my existing crossover, What are the first steps?

You will need to lodge a crossover application with the City for consideration.

When the City receives your application, it will be processed in a timely manner. Once you have obtained approval for your crossover, you are able to proceed to the next step.

Who can construct my crossover?

You can engage a private contractor to undertake the construction of your crossover. Alternatively, the City of Bayswater can construct your crossover in accordance with the current fees and charges. The City can provide a no-obligation free quote for your consideration. 

What happens if my crossover is not constructed to the City's current specifications?

If your crossover has not been constructed to the City's current specification, you will be required to remove and re-install the crossover to the City's current specifications.

Where can I find a copy of the Crossover Application Booklet?

To obtain a copy of the City's Crossover Application Booklet, click on the link Crossover Application Booklet

Verge Protection Permit

Verges are Crown land (owned by the Government) and are under the control of the City.

Vital services and public infrastructure may be located on verges such as:

  • Street lighting and overhead power lines
  • Footpaths
  • Street signs
  • Underground utilities including:
    • Water and Sewerage
    • Telecommunications
    • Gas
    • Power

It is the responsibility of the adjacent property owner to maintain the verge in accordance with the City's Verge Greening Guidelines and Policy.

In instances where planned or proposed works are to be undertaken, a verge protection permit may apply to protect the listed assets above.

I'm doing works on my property, do I require a verge protection permit?

A verge protection permit applies to ANY demolition works, all below ground pool installations and any building works of $20,000 or more.

There will be instances where you will require more than one verge protection permit for your property.

If you are demolishing an existing dwelling, then building a new house and installing a below ground swimming pool, one separate permit and bond is applicable for each stage of works.

How do I apply for a verge protection permit and what is the process?

Download a verge protection permit application.

It is recommended the company or person undertaking the works makes the application for the permit.

Refer to the fees and charges for the current fee and bond amounts.

Once the City has received the permit, the verge officer will visit the site to undertake an inspection of the site, which includes taking photographs. This process can take up to 10 working days.

Once the permit has been issued, the works are able to take place. When the work has been completed, the City must be notified and a Verge Protection Permit Bond Refund can be lodged.

The City's verge officer will visit the site to inspect for any damage. If there is no damage, the verge officer will process the refund of the bond.

If any damage is caused in the duration of works, the City will notify the applicant, with supporting evidence and options, of the requirement to rectify the damage. In most instances, the City can provide a quotation to undertake the works, otherwise the applicant can seek a private contractor to undertake the repairs.

If the applicant believes they did not cause the damage, photographic evidence will need to be provided to the City.

Where can I obtain a copy of the verge protection permit?

A copy of the verge protection permit and verge protection bond refund can be found here:

Related documents

Go to Top of the page