All of our libraries have computers available for use, or you can bring your own computer and connect to the internet for free if your computer has internet access capabilities. You can also use computers for scanning at each library.
How much does it cost?
- Free for City of Bayswater library members
- $3.00 per hour for non-members.
To connect to the wifi network in any of our libraries you will need to accept the terms and conditions when you log in.
Photocopying and printing charges
- 20c per side black and white
- $1 per side colour
You can print at any of the libraries from our computers, or by using MobilePrint. See below for instructions, or for assistance please ask one of our friendly staff members
Important note: Documents will remain available for printing for 24 hours once submitted to MobilePrint.
Print by emailing your document
- Send your document to the appropriate email address, as listed below.
- Visit your chosen library to pay for, and print your document.
Print by uploading your document online
Click below for instructions at your local library.
Print at Bayswater Library
Print at Maylands Library
Print at Morley Library
If you live within the City of Bayswater and are unable to visit the library due to age or physical disability, library service volunteers may be able to deliver items to your door.
Contact Maylands Library on 9208 2450 for further details.
If you live in residential care or retirement facility within the City, library materials can be pre-selected and delivered to you.
Contact Bayswater Public Library on 9272 0951 for more information.
A brand new Seed Library has started at Bayswater Library. The Seed Library offers a collection of free seeds available to library members to plant and grow at home. Borrowers are encouraged to harvest seeds from their own gardens to donate back to the collection. The seeds collected will be vegatables, fruits, herbs, flowers and natives. The varieties of seeds available will change throughout the year.
To build our seed collection we are looking to our community to donate seeds harvested from their own gardens. Donations of unused commercial seeds are also welcomed. You can donate seeds in any container as long as it is clean and dry. Or you can collect a donation bag from any City of Bayswater Library. When donating please fill out the Seed Collection form with as much detail as possible.
Seed Collection Form
Seed Saving Tips
• Do not save seeds from plants that are hybrids (look for F1 on the seed packet/plant label).
• If you grow more than one variety of the same type of plant, use methods to prevent cross-pollination.
• Save seeds from your healthiest and strongest plants. This allows for natural selection to ensure your seeds produce healthy crops.
• Grow extra plants for seed saving purposes – many plants will produce viable seeds after the crop is past its picking date e.g. lettuce.
• Ensure your seeds are completely dry before storing/donating them.
• The best plants for beginners to start saving seeds from are: Basil, Beans, Broad Beans, Capsicum, Coriander, Garlic Chives, Lettuce,
Marigold, Nasturtium, Okra, Pea, Sage, Snake Bean, Tomato
Seed Saving for Beginners (Sourced from the Permaculture Sydney West website).
Seed Saving in WA (Compiled by Terra Perma Design for the Permaculture West Seed Project).
Newcastle Seed Library have created four videos to help you build your seed saving skills. We thank Newcastle Libraries for allowing us to share their resources on our webpage.
The City of Bayswater Libraries are partnering with Transition Town Bayswater to help deliver the Seed Library. We invite other community groups who are interested in assisting with this project to contact us to register their interest. To register your interest contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Australian Tax Office (ATO) provide accreditated volunteers each year to assist eligible people to complete their tax return. This service is available until October 31 each year.
Maylands Library and Bayswater Library will have volunteers available to assist people with compeleting their returns.
Maylands Library - please call 9208 2450 to make a booking
- Tuesdays, 10am - 2pm
- Fridays, 1pm - 4pm
Bayswater Library - please call 9272 0951 to make a booking