Mobile Food Vehicles

Applying for a mobile food vehicle permit

The City has developed Mobile Food Vendor Guidelines. The guidelines outline how to obtain a permit for operation, where mobile food vendors are allowed to trade, and requirements associated with waste management, noise and advertising.

Subject to obtaining a permit to trade, the following locations have been approved for the operation of mobile food vendors:

  • AP Hinds Reserve, Bayswater
  • Bardon Park, Maylands
  • Beaufort Park, Bedford
  • Berringa Park, Maylands
  • Bert Wright Park, Bayswater
  • Broun Park, Embleton
  • Clarkson Reserve, Maylands
  • Claughton Reserve, Maylands
  • Crimea Park, Morley
  • Lightning Park, Noranda
  • Pat O'Hara Reserve, Morley
  • Riverside Gardens, Bayswater
  • Robert Thompson Park, Noranda
  • Shearn Memorial Park, Maylands
  • Upper Hillcrest Reserve, Bayswater
  • Wotton Reserve, Embleton
  • Wymond Park, Bayswater

The following operations do not require a mobile food vehicle permit, though may be subject to other approvals and/or permits:

  • Trading at a City of Bayswater approved community event (e.g. Autumn River Festival)
  • Trading as an itinerant food vehicle
  • Trading on privately owned land
  • Catering for a private event on public land.

All permits follow the same fee structure, which includes both an application and permit fee.

Permit TypeApplication Fee
New Application$53
PeriodPermit Fee
Three months$255
Six months$510
Twelve months$1,020


The following permits are available for mobile food vehicles:

Standard PermitAll 17 locations 

Applications for a mobile food vehicle permit need to include:

  • Mobile Food Vehicle Application Form
  • Plan of the mobile food vehicle detailing interior dimensions and fittings
  • Certificate of Currency for public liability insurance, minimum $10 million
  • Food Act 2008 Certificate of Registration
  • Payment of the associated fees.

You can lodge the application in person at City of Bayswater Civic Centre, or by mail to PO Box 467, MORLEY WA 6943, or email to

If a permit renewal is needed, the application needs to be submitted at least one month prior to the expiry of the existing permit to ensure no downtime in permit approval periods.

Mobile food vehicle trading requirements

Operators must:

  • Hold a current City of Bayswater Mobile Food Vehicle Permit
  • Display the permit on the dash or other prominent and visible location at all times
  • Comply with the requirements and conditions stipulated in the mobile food vendor guidelines and on the permit issued by the City of Bayswater.

Unless otherwise stated in the operators permit, mobile food vehicles are able to use a temporary A-frame sign within 75m of the location of the mobile food vehicle for advertising.

Mobile food vendors must provide adequate waste disposal facilities and remove all waste generated on site at the end of trade. Waste must not be disposed of in City of Bayswater bins.

For detailed requirements relating to mobile food vehicles, please refer to the City's Mobile Food Vendor Guidelines and the conditions outlined on your approved permit.

Expression of Interest - Semi-Permanent Location at Riverside Gardens West

The City of Bayswater is seeking expressions of interest from a mobile food vehicle to establish a semi-permanent presence at Riverside Gardens.  The successful applicant would be permitted to connect to the existing power supply and have exclusive use of the adjoining car parking bay.

Any current or new mobile food vehicle operators are eligible to apply by completing and submitting an application form. An information sheet with further details and frequently asked questions has been developed to provide further information.

The relevant documents are provided below:

Should you wish to make an application please submit the attached application form to the below address or via email to –

Chief Executive Officer
PO Box 467
Morley, WA 6943

All applications are to be received on or before 4:30pm on Friday 2 December 2022.


Go to Top of the page