The Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) is seeking comment on a development application from the Evolve Bayswater Alliance relating to the redevelopment of Bayswater Station, a METRONET project.
Information on the proposal and detail on how to make a submission is available online at: www.dplh.wa.gov.au/bayswater-station.
Comments close on 22 October 2020
The development application will be determined by the WAPC in accordance with section 116 of the Planning and Development Act 2005.
Development Application Details
The Bayswater Station development application proposes the redevelopment of Bayswater Station including:
- New rail bridges and two new station island platforms.
- Station entry west of King William Street and another east of King William Street.
- Integrated pedestrian, cyclist, bus and vehicle access into the station.
- New bus bays and vehicle parking bays.
- Landscaping and urban design features within the station precinct.
- Modifications to the road network and intersections on Whatley Crescent, King William Street, Coode Street, Beechboro Road South, Railway Parade, Rose Avenue and Hamilton Street.
- Tenancy spaces in the eastern station entry building for a range of retail, commercial, culture and creative industry, community, dining and entertainment uses.
- Staged construction to maintain public access and public transport operations as far as possible through the construction operations
Document viewing locations
The development application is available to download at www.dplh.wa.gov.au/bayswater-station and can also be viewed in person at:
- Bayswater Library, 25 King William Street, Bayswater
- City of Bayswater Civic Centre, 61 Broun Avenue, Morley
- Western Australian Planning Commission, Level 2, 140 William Street, Perth