We've partnered with the State Government to bring KidSport funding to kids aged 5 - 18 who live in our community.
If your child is eligible and would like to take part in local sport, the State Government will contribute $150 and the City of Bayswater will chip in an extra $50 to help with registration fees per year.
Additional Kidsport Voucher available in 2021
An additional KidSport voucher has been announced to help families reconnect through sport. In 2021, all eligible children will be able to access two $150 KidSport vouchers. The additional voucher will be accessible from 1 July 2021, enabling parents and guardians to support kids to access club sport and swimming lessons all year round.
How do I apply for Kidsport funding?
Step one: KidSport funding
To find out if your child is eligible for State Government KidSport funding of $150, please visit the link below:
Step two: Kidsport Top-up funding
If you have been approved for KidSport funding, but the club fee is more than $150, you can apply for the extra $50 'top-up' from the City of Bayswater.
Please read and follow the steps below in order to lodge a Top Up application.
1. Complete a top-up funding application form
2. Forward your top up funding application form to the club and ask them to raise an invoice addressed to the City of Bayswater, 61 Broun Ave, Morley WA, 6943) with the following information included:
- Club details
- Name of child
- Top-up amount being requested (max $50)
- Clubs bank details for payment
- Club ABN
- Whether GST is applicable (please see example invoices to ensure you submit the correct type of invoice).
3. Ask the club to email your completed application form and their invoice to the City at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The City will then process your application. If it's approved, we will pay the top-up funding directly to your club (with the allocated bank details).
Why is the City providing top-up funding? How do I know if my child is eligible for KidSport or top-up funding?
On 1 January 2018, the Department of Local Government, Sport & Cultural Industries (‘the Department’) reduced their KidSport program funding from $200 to $150 (per child, per calendar year).
To make up for that reduction, the City decided to start offering a top-up payment of up to $50 per child, per year.
What does the top-up funding cover?
To find out if your child is eligible for the State Government's KidSport funding ($150) click the link below:
If your child is eligible for KidSport funding, and also live in the City of Bayswater - they may also be eligble for top-up funding (maximum of $50).
Can I apply for more than one child?
Both KidSport and the top-up funding can only be used to cover registration fees. If your registration fees are less than $150, you will not need to apply for the top-up.
Yes. You can apply for both KidSport and top-up funding for each of your children if they are eligible, although, you can only apply once a year for each child.