We're partnering with the State Government to bring KidSport funding to kids aged 5 - 18 who live in our community.
If your child is eligible and would like to take part in local sport, the State Government will contribute $150 and the City of Bayswater will chip in an extra $50 to help with registration fees per year.
Step one: KidSport funding
To find out if your child is eligible for State Government KidSport funding of $150, please visit the link below:
Step two: top-up funding
Once you have been approved for KidSport funding, you can then apply for the extra $50 top-up from the City of Bayswater.
1. Fill out a top-up funding application form
2. Ask your local club to raise an invoice (addressed to the City of Bayswater, 61 Broun Ave, Morley WA, 6943) with the following information included,
- Club details
- Name of child
- Top-up amount being requested (max $50)
- Clubs bank details for payment
- Club ABN
- Whether GST is applicable (please see example invoices to ensure you submit the correct type of invoice).
3. Ask the club to send the invoice and your completed application form to email@example.com
4. We will then process your application. If it's approved, we will pay the top-up funding directly to your club (at the allocated bank details)
Please note - you can only apply for funding once per financial year (per child).
Why are the City providing top-up funding? How do I know if my child is eligible for KidSport or top-up funding?
On 1 January 2018, the Department of Local Government, Sport & Cultural Industries (‘the Department’) reduced their KidSport program funding from $200 to $150 (per child, per calendar year).
To make up for that reduction, the City decided to start offering a top-up payment of up to $50 per child, per year.
What does the top-up funding cover?
To find out if your child is eligible for the State Government's KidSport funding ($150) click the link below:
If your child is eligible for KidSport funding, and also live in the City of Bayswater - they are automatically eligble for top-up funding (max $50).
Can I apply for more than one child?
Both KidSport and the top-up funding can only be used to cover registration fees. If your registraiton fees are less than $150, you will not need to apply for the top-up.
Yes. You can apply for both KidSport and top-up funding for each of your children if they are eligible.
Although, you can only apply once a year for each child.