The ACROD Parking Program supports Western Australians with severe walking restrictions.
To find out more about this program, including eligibility requirements, please visit www.acrod.org.au or call 9242 5544.
The City of Bayswater is an equal opportunity employer.
For current employment opportunities, please visit our Employment and Careers page.
For work experience and student placement queries, please give our People, Culture and Safety team a call on (08) 9272 0622.
The Recharge Scheme ensures people using gophers, scooters and electric wheelchairs within the City have access to recharge facilities.
People using electric mobility devices can park next to a designated recharge point and recharge their vehicle at no cost.
Recharge points are installed at the following City of Bayswater facilities:
- The RISE - 28 Eighth Avenue, Maylands
- Bayswater Public Library - 25 King William Street, Bayswater
- Bayswater Waves - Cnr Broun Avenue and Priestly Street, Embleton
- City of Bayswater Civic Centre - 61 Broun Avenue, Morley.
For a full list of all of the locations of recharge points in the Australia, please visit http://www.rechargescheme.org.au
If you have any queries, please call us on (08) 9272 0658.
Have a Go Day is our annual event celebrating social inclusion and connecting our residents to community groups and clubs. The event features cultural, leisure and recreation activities, music, sport, arts, entertainment, food stalls, prizes and much more.
For any queries relating to Have a Go Day, email email@example.com or phone (08) 9272 0658.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the new way of providing support for Australians with disability, their families and carers. The NDIS will provide reasonable and necessary support for Australians under the age of 65 with a permanent and significant disability.
For more information visit the official NDIS website, or telephone 1800 800 110.
Our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan helps us make sure people in our community with a disability have equal access to functions, facilities, services and information.
Read the disability access and inclusion plan
Our access and inclusion plans and strategies have a focus on:
- internal changes within the organisation - initiatives such as cultural or disability awareness training for staff, increasing workforce diversity and ensuring City services/programs are accessible and inclusive for all
- programs delivered to the community - accessible events, schemes and initiatives
- advocacy for access and inclusion across the community and to all tiers of government.