We are offering a cloth nappy rebate to reduce waste and encourage sustainable change. City of Bayswater residents are able to apply for a 50% rebate of up to $100 for either the hire or purchase of modern cloth nappies.
The rebate is supported by the Government of Western Australia and administered by the Waste Authority.
Guide to Modern Cloth Nappies
|You Spend||Rebate Available||Rebate Total|
|$50||50% of spend refunded||$25|
|$100||50% of spend refunded||$50|
|$150||50% of spend refunded||$75|
|$200||Maximum amount of $100 refunded||$100|
|Any amount over $200||Maximum amount of $100 refunded||$100|
Residents need to attend a Cloth Nappy Workshop from January 2022 onwards, organised by the City of Bayswater or Town of Bassendean before applying for the rebate. This ensures that all the information and support needed to successfully transition to using cloth nappies is provided. You are welcome to attend a workshop held in any of these areas but must apply for the rebate through your respective local council.
When attending a workshop facilitated by the City of Bayswater or Town of Bassendean, please bring photo ID with your name and address as proof of residence.
| || || |
|Saturday 16 July 2022||9:30am - 11:30am||Morley Library||Register|
|Thursday 11 August 2022||10am - 12pm||Online||Register|
|Saturday 17 September 2022||9:30am - 11:30am||Maylands Library||Register|
Types of Nappies Eligible for the Rebate
You can purchase modern cloth nappies through an Australian supplier (with an ABN). This includes all-in-ones, two-in-ones, swim nappies, terry/pre-fold nappies, and nappy liners, boosters, covers and inserts.
A hire option is also available from The Nappy Guru, which provides an opportunity to trial different brands, newborn options or night nappies before committing.
Only modern cloth nappies will be considered for this rebate. Accessories, for example: wipes and wet bags, are not included. Postage costs are also not included.
If ineligible items are on the receipt along with eligible items, the rebate will only be applied to the eligible items rather than the total amount.
Please note that Cloth nappies have to be purchased/hired after attending an elibile workshop. Any cloth nappies that have been purchased prior to attending a workshop are not eligible for the rebate.
Applying for the Cloth Nappy Rebate
To be eligible for this one off rebate, you must:
- Be a City of Bayswater resident
- Have attended an eligible Cloth Nappy Workshop facilitated by us (from January 2022 onwards)
- Have purchased or hired cloth nappies after attending an eligible Cloth Nappy Workshop (up to 6 months after attending the workshop)
- Have applied for the Cloth Nappy Rebate within 6 months of attending an eligible Cloth Nappy Workshop
- Have not previously successfully applied for the Cloth Nappy Rebate
How to Apply
The application form to apply for the Cloth Nappy Rebate will be sent to you after attending a Cloth Nappy Workshop.
Before you submit the form, make sure you have attached:
- A copy of the cloth nappy hire or purchase receipt, clearly stating the company name, date of payment, item names and cost
- Proof of residence within the City of Bayswater (either a driver’s license with your full name and address or a lease agreement, rates notice, or utility bill with your full name and address and dated within 3 months of the application submission)
Please ensure you have provided all the correct information and supporting documentation so we can process your application as quickly as possible.
If successful, you will receive a rebate payment via EFT to your nominated bank account. Rebates cannot be given in the form of cash or cheques.
Please note that the Cloth Nappy Rebate can only be accessed once per household.
This rebate does not include any transport, postage costs or cloth nappy accessories
If you have any queries, please contact the City's Waste Education Officers on 9272 0964 or firstname.lastname@example.org