General Conditions of a Permit
Refer to City of Bayswater Activities on Thoroughfares and Trading in Thoroughfares and Public Places Local Laws 2020 and Play Equipment on Verges Guideline.
Residents of the City of Bayswater are only permitted to place play equipment on the verge immediately adjacent to their property.
Play equipment cannot be placed on the verge adjacent to a neighbour without their permission, or on the verge adjacent to other land such as vacant land.
Play equipment can not be placed on the verge in a way that causes a nuisance to others of the verge.
If your verge does not have a footpath, play equipment cannot be placed within two (2) metres of the road, to allow for the safety of pedestrians.
e. Play equipment cannot be placed on any part of the footpath or within two (2) metres of a footpath, or obstruct any part of the footpath.
Play equipment cannont be placed within six (6) metres of an intersection
Play equipment should not be placed in a way that it obscures drivers vision of:
- Pedestrians and vehicles exiting driveways
- Intersections and pedestrians crossings
Play equipment not permitted on a verge:
- Tree houses
- Cubby houses
- Any equipment that requires nails, bolts or any other fixings to be attached to the street tree
- Trampolines and other equipment that may pose a danger to children playing close to the road
Property owners have a responsibility to ensure:
- That children are supervised at all times by a responsible adult while playing or walking on the verge
- The owner of the play equipment should be ready to remove the equipment at any time at the request of the City of Bayswater for maintenance works or any other reason
- Any play equipment is set up and installed in line with the manufacturers specifications and is maintained
- If a City of Bayswater staff member determines that the play equipment does not comply with the guideline then the equipment must be removed immediately.
11.5 Cancellation of Permit
This Permit may be cancelled at any time by an Authorised Officer of the City of Bayswater by notice to the Permit Holder or any of his/her agents. Refer to section 11.5 of the Activities in Thoroughfares and Public Places and Trading Local Law 2020.